By Tyler Savage
Even though we are not getting a new stadium, I am impressed with what I am seeing today with the results of the new stadium's blue prints. I have to admit that I was really scared that the Twins were going to mess this thing up and we would end up with a stadium like the Astro's weird train track stadium.
It makes sense though, now this will make it that much more painful when we end up loosing the stadium and the Twins. I've been told I can be a glass is half empty type of guy, but their isn't much to complain about with the new plans. Very rarely do things live up to their hypes, but the new ballpark looks like it may.
My favorite things that I am seeing (which is still hard to see with the plans) has to be the outfield. Left field in particular stands out to me; You've got to love the upper deck in the outfield seats, I still love how the old Tiger stadium had the upper level seating all the way around the outfield. I also like the small upper level seating that can be found in the right field power alley region; These could defiantly become the new "seats". The outfield also looks like it has a bunch of box suites out in center field, I can't say I am a big fan of these, but at least it keeps the fat cats out of my hair.
I'm still a little lost when it comes to what is taking place in right field. It appears that if you are walking by the stadium that you can just stop on the street and you will have a great view of the ballpark (you'll have to look at the pictures to fully grasp this, it is hard to explain). This will let people stand around and watch the games, I guess that right field in San. Fransisco's ballpark is like this too. I don't understand how this works, it seems like you would have to have some type of rules to regulate this area--if they didn't, that would mean free season tickets by simply walking down to the park.
I only have one mini complaint, and it deals with the picture of the outside of the stadium. Is it just me, or does the outside of the stadium look identical to the newly remodeled Student Union at MSU?
If you haven't seen the new plans, go to twinsbaseball. com to see the plans. Someday these plans will be hanging in a bar in Minneapolis and we will all be sitting around reminiscing about the beautiful ballpark that we almost got in Minnesota (we ain't gettin no stadium).
No comments:
Post a Comment