Sunday, May 20, 2007

A Note from the After Life


As I started work this morning, I sadly had to get my own coffee. Sam's days had passed and the office was a little quieter without him around. I went into his closet today, and I found this piece of work on his desk (the floor). Many great authors and artists works were not appreciated during their times on earth...I wonder if that is how Sam will be remembered. Here is his last thoughts before he was kidnapped and killed by radicals.

2007 Season: Predictable or Unpredictable?

By: Sam Hansen

The 2007 season certainly had its ups and downs. Barry Bonds is quite possibly the feel good story of the century, and who woulda thunk the Brewers would have near the best record in baseball and the Yankees would struggle. The Minnesota Twins, though being a favorite to win the American League this year with Santana, Mauer, and Morneau, just have not been able to be consistent early on this 2007 season.

Jesse Crain has gone to the DL recently, however Julio DePaula seemed up to the task of filling in for him as he struck out his first major league hitter. Pitching is the name of the game, and with Ramon Ortiz being shelled and Carlos Silva showing glimpses of the last two years, the Twins might have reason to be concerned. The talent appears to be good through the baseball talks in the living room as John Gordon talks them up in the pre-game show on the radio, but the vets need to be consistent for us to make a push for the post-season. We have been about as consistent with our pitching as Umpires are agreeing with the QuesTec camera. Have faith Twins fans, as long as we still have Rick Anderson as pitching coach, we will have one of the best pitching staffs in baseball.

In other news, Justin Morneau has had a slamming start to the season with 11 blue darters, however I believe the Twinkies MVP thus far is none other than Mike Redmond. Redmond has been consistent behind the plate and showed Tom Prince like power the other night with his first dinger of the season. Look out A-Rod, he’s only 14 shy of you, and he has 4 ½ months to catch you…

1 comment:

KC said...

Your post are very funny! I remember being the intern trying to get my work published and I feel bad for Sam (-: Anyway, I love the Minnesota Twins and I sell Twins Tickets - would you be interested in working out an advertising deal? please email me kristy@ticketking.net