Saturday, October 20, 2007

I Told you So...

I just found this gem on twinsbaseball.com. by mlb Twins beat writer Kelly Thesier

Another option at third? One third baseman who likely will be available this winter is a former Twin -- Corey Koskie. The Brewers announced this week that they would not pick up Koskie's option for 2008, allowing him to file for free agency after the World Series.

Whether Koskie would be an option for the Twins depends on if he will be healthy enough to come back and play next season. Koskie missed the entire 2007 season due to the effects of post-concussion syndrome, which he began feeling in July 2006.

And even Koskie admitted that his playing career might be in danger of being finished.

"I still want to get better, I still want to play," Koskie said on Sept. 28. "I would love to get back out there at this point, because just playing, I would know I'm better. I'm still hoping to be playing somewhere next Spring Training. If I'm not better by January, then maybe it's over."

No comments: