The World Series hasn't started yet, but the Twinsbeatwriters like to jump the gun. We want to look at the possible free agent signings for the Minnesota Twins. If you have hopes for the Twins' signing Alex Rodriguez or Bobby Abreu, then I wish you the best of luck in your life in Candy Land. I have no confidence in the off season anymore--I have been rubbed raw. Every winter I get high hopes that something big is going to happen, and every winter I am sadly disappointed. Considering the Twins' track record, here is a good guess at what is going to happen this winter.
Realistic Twins' signings:
3B:
Tony Batista: This could be played off a a sequel. Batista II slower...much slower.
Arron Boone: I can really see the Twins trying to sell this one on us. They will say something like: "he fits into the system" or something dumb like that. I have been bamboozled on one Boone brother already (Bret Boone, 2005), it didn't work.
Corey Koskie: This one is right up the Twins' alley. It's a feel good story that a typical Twins fan would love. I do not want any part of Koskie unless he promises in his contract to break a chair before every game.
Mark Bellhorn: Older player, some name potential, may get some fans excited, if this guy doesn't have Twins' free agent written on him, I don't know who does.
OF
Correy Patterson: See Mark Bellhorn's description.
DH
Rubben Sierra: "Hey, you know who we should give a call back...Ruben Sierra." Future bad quote from Twins' front office.
P
Kris Benson: hmmm...we don't need pitching, however, let's blow a lot of money on this guy. We need a veteran presence.
Carlos Silva: This one is going to be the hardest. After loosing Hunter, and trading Santana, the Twins will get desperate and throw a lot of money at Silva.
No comments:
Post a Comment