By David Jensen
ESPN is smart enough to bury it's predictions so they don't look like fools. But I'm not. Let's see how I did.
AL
East Actual: Tampa Bay
Prediction: NY Yankees. Injuries and age held back The Bombers who sitll had a decent year by most standards, just not thier own.
Central Actual: Chicago
Prediction: Detroit. Offseason deals made for one of the funniest seasons in a generation. White Sox tried thier damnedest to fade away, but the Twins wouldn't let them.
West Actual: California
Prediction: California. Hot shit, I got one right.
Wild Card Actual: Boston
Prediction: Cleveland. Injuries and the leaky bullpen cost them this year.
Worst Record Actual: Seattle
Prediction: Baltimore. Baltimore managed to finish 7.5 games ahead of Seattle who some picked to win the west.
Surprise Prediction: Minnesota. I'd say I got that one right. In March, the Devil Rays had a much better team on paper.
Disappointment Prediction: Chicago. Clearly not. It's split between Detroit and Seattle. The Mariners paid $1.07 million per loss!
NL
East Prediction: Philadelphia
Actual: Philadelphia. That one was too easy.
Central Prediction: Milwaukee
Actual: Chicago. I thought the Cubs would celebrate 100 year anniversary by not building on 2007's success and burning down Wrigleyville.
West Prediction: Arizona
Actual: Los Angeles. Dbacks made me look like a genius in April. Then tried to give the west to anyone who would take it.
Wild card Prediction: NY Mets
Actual: Milwaukee. I knew the Mets would piss away the division, but screw up the wild card for the 2nd year in a row?
Worst record Prediction: San Francisco
Actual: Washington. Oh, those poor Senators!
Surprise Prediction: Pittsburgh. I have to say it's Florida at 84-77. Got a good deal for Willis and his 9.38 ERA.
Disappointment Prediction: Atlanta. I'd say I got that one right. They finished 4th with 90 loses
after many picked them for the division. Although the defending champion Rockies went 74-88.
My world series pick wasn't even remotely close. Neither made the playoffs and they finished a
combined 2 games above .500.
No comments:
Post a Comment