At the range, we have decided a new approach--from now on, we are blogging about anything that we find fun to write about. Here is my first try:
By Tyler Savage
In the upcoming years there are four big sports teams that I want to see return to glory. The first two are obvious, I long for the Knicks to bring me back to the NBA, which was after all my first sports love. Secondly, I am awaiting the return of my beloved Miami Hurricanes to make the news in other ways then from fighting and shooting deaths.
The next two teams I want to get good again are the Nebraska Cornhuskers and the Chicago Bulls. Yes, I am talking about the same Bulls who made me cry in every 1990's playoff seasons. And yes, I am talking about the same Cornhuskers team who made me lose money when they crushed the Tennessee Volunteers in the Fiesta Bowl.
These teams caused me a lot of pain growing up, why should I want them to return to glory? The answer is simple: I miss hating them.
Don't misunderstand me. For the first few years, I took great pleasure in the Bulls' and Huskers' pain. The 2002 Rose Bowl was one of my greatest sport's watching moments. The complete destruction of the Bulls after '98 was a fine moment also. However, now it has just gotten pathetic.
It's like that girl you hated in High School. When she gained 20 lbs. after her freshmen year of college it brought you joy. Now you see her, and she's got a kid, short hair, and weighs 200 lbs; secretly, you long for her to make a comeback, lose the weight, and get back to being perfect...so that you can hate her again.
So for now, I am going to be rooting for the Huskers and the Bulls. I am going to root them right into the championship game of their respected leauges. Then, right as they take the field, I will rip off their team shirt, and take pleasure in watching them choke on the highest stage.
1 comment:
Good Column. That's how I've felt about Notre Dame and the 49ers.
Post a Comment