Friday, December 21, 2007

The New Sound out of Seattle

By David Jensen

You heard it here first!

Due to my proximity to Seattle, I have news that hasn't made it to the midwest yet. Carlos Silva is now a Mariner. Seattle signed Silva to a 4 year contract worth $48 million. The Mariners front office believes that the missing piece of the puzzle is another Jeff Weaver. Unfortunately for Silva, he is either not as good as Gil Meche, or the Mariners are not as dumb as the Royals. In the gross overpayment for starting pitching of the year in 2006, Meche got $58 million. Will Carlos defeat Roger Clemens for the 07 award? Only time will tell.

1 comment:

Three Twins Beat Writers said...

Dave,
I totally love the fact that you broke this story before the Trib did. I also love the fact that I broke the Hunter story before them too.
We have to break the Johan signing before the Trib.
Tyler