Monday, August 20, 2007

Going Underground

By David Jensen

A lot of you have been wondering about my mysterious absence. Well, in July, I was working on a column about the impending trade of Luis Castillo, when I heard a voice say "Jim Souhan says hello." The stranger then threw a garrote around my neck. Fortunately, my editor was able to take out the would-be assassin with a cast iron skillet. Knowing that someone would be coming to finish the job, I was forced to leave the beat writers office. I stayed in a KOA under the name Reynolds McAdoo, for a week, then I joined a smoke jumper team and hid out in the burning forests of western Montana.
I have been able to resurface and begin writing again. I can't say where I am, but I am safe for now. I've missed a lot, but the Twins are in first and Punto is batting .300 right?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The Twins called... they said they hate you.

Sambo said...

The recent articles have grown weak, I'll never get the last 2 minutes of my life back from checking this site. Disappointing!

daniel said...

you dumb fuckers need to get back on the horse